One essential component in electrical vehicles – besides motor and HV battery – is the power distribution and battery management. These components are located close to the HV-battery and provide connectivity for several components like:
- Inverters for front and rear axle
- AC-charger, which can be optionally included
- LV-battery via DC/DC converter
- The battery power contacts and its cells for cell monitoring
Besides the power distribution itself, additional functionality is added, like contactors, current- and voltage sensors, fuses, and isolation monitors. The latter ones are safety critical components, and in sum a lot of different tests must be performed during validation or end of line verification.
IRS provides solutions for end-of-line-, lifetime- and system-test of battery junction boxes including onboard charger, DC/DC converter and battery management.
- High current power tests with standard power supplies with low losses
- Grid feedback for low power consumption and losses
- Cell simulation for battery management systems